This time of year brings many opportunities to just say “no”. Why might you want to do this? Well, you might want to consider it when saying “no” will actually provide relief. Examples include:
- “No, I don’t think I need a third party to attend that Saturday.”
- “No, I don’t think I need that third serving.”
- “No, I don’t need to add a third (—fill in the blank here—) to my collection.”
- “No, she doesn’t need a third candy cane, but thank you!”
- “No, I think we’ll skip that event if it starts at 8 a.m.” <see, I broke out of the pattern here, did you notice?>
Of course, there will also be many opportunities to say “yes”. Saying “yes” to things that will truly bring you joy is a great idea. Give yourself permission to consider each option you have for the next month (and beyond!), and remember that you *do* have a choice.